Sunday 17 July 2016

The Miners Arms at Maeshafen



The day (for me) started at 7:00 when I found myself at Chester Racecourse in a growing sea of pink, as I had volunteered to be lead bike for the Race for Life 5k.  With an early start, it meant I could still make it to the Town Hall for our 10am start, and Ian's ride to North Wales.









We set off in an unusual angle by the side of the Dublin Packet (a sign of Chester's old shipping history) and the Roman Strongroom (a sign of older Roman history!) and then out of Chester (avoiding pink clad ladies and girls leaving the racecourse still)











What a glorious sunny day!












There are a few hills to be had, leading to North Wales.  My excuses piled up as I was jet lagged, had been up early that morning, not ridden much in the last few weeks, it was hot, I set off late after the last pause to take a photo (that is the usual one)


But The Miners Arms is not that far, and I made it to lunch where we gratefully sat outside in the most wonderful weather.


And such lovely leafy lanes to head back.  We had a marvellous downhill - Ian warned us that the turn right was not at the bottom, so don't carry on.

Liz carried on.

We grouped under a tree, until Pete (her husband) agreed to go and find her.  A few more miles in the bag for her!


No comments:

Post a Comment